Dave has some availablity for private coaching, guided surf trips and private Kamps during the year.
Customize your own Kamp anywhere in the world (max 8 people).
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your proposals & requests.
Rates will vary. Please send your enquiries to email@example.com
Kalama Kamp is excited to return to visit our friends at Big Blue Unlimited, in Turks and Caicos (www.bigblueunlimited.com). On our trip we typically enjoy a variety of SUP disciplines ranging from surfing, down winding, technique and paddle exploration, depending on the daily conditions. Turks and Caicos are a group of islands, with the Caribbean on one side and the Atlantic Ocean on the other, thus offering us a variety of paddling experiences in a fun and beautiful setting. The crystal clear blue waters are some of the best in the world to paddle.
• A selection of stand up paddleboards, paddles, hydration packs and leashes
• Boat support where needed (ie on the waves/ reef, for down winders and "backcountry" safaris
• All-Inclusive hotel accommodations at Blue Haven Resort http://www.bluehaventci.com/the-premiere-turks-and-caicos-resorts
• All meals provided
• All local hotel taxes included
• Airport transfers & land transport
• Flights. Guests make own flight arrangements to Providenciales (PLS)
• Soft drinks and alcoholic drinks at hotel
• Gratuities for guides
Kalama Kamp accommodations will be at the All-Inclusive Blue Haven Resort http://www.bluehaventci.com/the-premiere-turks-and-caicos-resorts with panoramic views, talcum-soft sand and clear turquoise waters on one of the most gorgeous beaches on the globe. We continue to partner with Big Blue Unlimited for the Kamp, which sets the standards in adventure in the Turks & Caicos Islands.
• Single room occupancy / 2 bed suite, garden view, private bed/bath, shared living area : $TBA per person plus 4.166% tax
• Double room occupancy / 2 people sharing studio suite : $TBA per person plus 4.166% tax
• On island resident rate / no accommodation : $TBA
• Deposit : $500
It is difficult to put into words, the experience of taking a 30 minute boat ride to a small island surrounded by world class surf breaks and pristine blue waters. Our home for the week, the tiny island in Fiji called 'Namotu', will be exclusive to our Kalama Kamp, and is where you will experience world class surf, fishing, snorkeling, and hospitality from of the friendliest cultures in the world. Our Namotu trip has quickly become our most popular, and we can understand why. Our main focus will be SUP surfing, but we always have time for downwinding and exploring the Fijian coast.
• Airfare from either LAX or Honolulu
• All ground and water transportation on Fiji
• Fishing, snorkeling, Eco hikes and trips to other islands
• SUP Instruction including surfing from Dave and the team
• Non motorized activities such as kayaking, outrigger, Hobie Cat, soft top long boards, snorkeling
• Board equipment is not included in the price, but can be supplied for $250 per board for the week
• Alcohol is not included in the price, but is available separately for purchase, direct from the resort
• wifi service is not included in the price, but is available for $100 per week, direct from the resort
A two person room with one queen or two separate beds and bathroom facilities. This room must be booked as a pair (i.e. wife/husband, two friends etc.)
From $TBA - $TBA per person, plus Hawaii State GE Tax of 4.166%
A three or six person room with individual beds and shared bathroom facilities.
$TBA per person plus Hawaii State GE Tax of 4.166%
I just returned from my week in the Turks and Caicos and a venture of a lifetime. I literally came away from this experience with a different perspective on life.
Phillip Shearer and his team at Big Blue Unlimited are true professionals in every sense. With thee first priority of safety and concern, Phillip’s experience and knowledge of the ocean and his geographic area was spot on. Big Blue’s entire team made our comfort and participation in this quest precedent. And all of this with a British/Indies accent!
The Big Blue Unlimited watersports facility provided us with top-notch equipment, “Ferrari” style. Big Blue is not some typical recreational “rental” facility, but rather a true and competent professional watersports headquarters. It was obvious that all of Big Blue’s gear was in perfect working condition, from their boats through all watersports gear. Before our excursions each day, everything was made ready in advance, including the details of fresh water through sea-worthy vessels. I would trust Phillip and his crew with deepest respect in any conditions on open water. In simple terms, there is no substitute for the assurance I gained with Phillip & Co.
As for Dave Kalama and his amazing KalamaKamp, I can only repeat the above. It was my honor to share a week with Dave and gain insight to everything from intense paddle technique to wave riding. Dave had a way of coaching each and every member of our quest with individual detail and practical application. While our Kamp members ranged vastly in ability and age alike, everyone was included on all events to their own comfort level, at all times. I learned more in one week of coaching with Dave than in my past six years of paddle boarding/surfing on my own and through other workshops. It goes without saying that Dave is a master in ability and knowledge at the top of his craft. The trip paid for itself to just watch Dave’s skills on the water.
Added to the camp was John Denney’s heart mapping and paddle fit knowledge. We were guided through methods of breathing and controlling heart rhythms, which apply far beyond sports. This key element of the camp is something I will continue to apply in my life’s path. I can only describe this as like watching a TED Talk on Oxygen combined with a dripping Hot Yoga class, which leads me to my final point.
Beyond water sports, I must confess the most enjoyable and abundant portion of this experience can be summed up in one word; Laughter. I found myself in tears laughing more in seven days than I have in the past seven years combined. Everyone’s personalities came together to make this an amazing divine reality.
Turks & Caicos 2014